How lawyer and his associates were prutaly killed.

A lawyer and his two associates were killed with blows to their heads using blunt objects and strangulation, postmortem examinations have shown.An eight-hour autopsy led by Government Pathologist Johansen Oduor exposed the savagery meted out on lawyer Willie Kimani, his client Josephat Mwenda and taxi driver Joseph Muiruri.The postmortem report indicated that Mr Kimani was smashed numerous times on the back of the head with a heavy blunt object.Mr Muiruri was first strangled and then finished off with blows to his head with a blunt object.But the killers were more brutal on Mwenda, the boda boda operator whom the lawyer was representing at the time of their disappearance. As evidence of barbaric torture, Mwenda had severe bleeding in the chest, neck and a fracture in the head indicating he had also been hit with a blunt object.

According to Dr Oduor, their findings were that Mwenda and Muiruri had been killed by both strangulation and injuries in the head.

Specialised postmortem

However the lawyer was killed by an object that was used to smash his head severally.

“The object they used to kill the lawyer seemed to have been heavier than the one used on the rest, the fracture was more severe,” he said.

The autopsy was done at Kenyatta National Hospital mortuary because City Mortuary did not have the facilities needed for the specialised postmortem.

Also present during the post mortem that started at 11am and ended a few minutes before seven o’clock was Dr Andrew Gachie who represented the Law Society of Kenya (LSK). It also emerged that investigators are pursuing three more police officers over the murders of three men, which have sparked nationwide protests.

Absconded duty

Sources said the three had absconded duty and were on the run.

Yesterday, three Administration Police officers (Senior Sergeant Fredrick Leliman, Corporal Stephen Chebulet and Constable Silvia Wanjiku Wanjohi) were arraigned in court over the killings. Police successfully petitioned Milimani Chief Magistrate Daniel Ogembo to have the three detained for 14 days to conclude investigationsIn court, prosecutors disclosed that more suspects were being sought by investigators, who had confiscated mobile phones of suspects and submitted them for forensic analysis.

“My team and I have obtained crucial information that there are other people involved in the killings and they are currently being pursued by investigators,” Robert Owino, the lead investigator from the Flying Squad said in an affidavit.

Postmortem examinations on the badly mutilated bodies began yesterday at 12pm and went on into the night at the Kenyatta National Hospital mortuary in a bid to establish what killed the three.

Medics spent hours on each body. The postmortem examinations were witnessed by representatives from Homicide, Law Society of Kenya and the International Justice Mission, an American legal aid group which Mr Kimani worked for. Sources said CT scans and X-ray examination of the bodies were done on Saturday.

Yesterday, sources privy to the investigation the news room that detectives were informed that the fugitives abducted the three soon after they left Mavoko Law Courts and took them to the Syokimau Administration Police Camp where they were detained for hoursThey, however, did not book them at the camp as required by law. They later came back to pick the trio and that was the last time they were seen, police investigations have shown.

The suspects in custody were arrested on July 1. A report on the disappearance of the lawyer was filed on June 25 by IJM. The bodies of two of the victims were recovered on June 30 and the other on July 1.

Lawyer Cliff Ombeta represented the three accused officers. Some sources said those in custody had agreed to record statements, but sought the prosecution’s protection for them to reveal what they know.

“They are ready to be State witnesses provided their protection is guaranteed. They know what happened and all I know is that they just kept the three in a camp,” said Mr Ombeta.

And police last night arrested a fourth officer over the killings. Inspector General of Police Joseph Boinnet said the officer is a sergeant based at Mlolongo police post.


Author: mogesi

Simple guy ready to make a difference through writing

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s